Distillation is considered to be one of the most cost effective and reliable methods of separation which is done chemically. The process of distillation is a form of unit operation which is widely used in the various industrial applications. There are basically two types of distillation equipment available in the market which are popularly used in the various industries, Field erected distillation equipment and Modular distillation equipment. Here is the list of the industries which are supported by this two-distillation equipment mentioned above.
- Chemical Production
- Renewable Fuels
- Food Processing
- AgricultureDistillation is a chemical process of separation which involves the methods of mass transfer separation and heat transfer separation.
- THE TYPES OF CHEMICAL SEPARATION PROCESS
When it comes to the separation process of distillation, then there are basically two types of separation process, Single stage separation Process and Multiple Stage separation Process. Before moving further to the specifications of the distillation equipment and the layout of the distillation equipment designing, it is important that we know the basic difference between the two types of separation process.
- Single Stage Separation Process
The process of Single stage separation process is more like an evaporation process which is also known as flash distillation. It involves the removal of the volatile component from the solution through heating or boiling.
- Multiple Stage Separation Process
This process is also a kind of evaporation process but in several stages. In this process the design of the sequential process is followed. This helps in allowing the more efficient method along with the minimal waste.
- THE BASICS OF THE DISTILLATION EQUIPMENT
When it comes to the basic definition of the distillation process, then distillation is a chemical separation of the components present in a solution according to their volatility property. For achieving the process of distillation, the transferring of heat is used so that the liquid and vapor present in the solution can interact with each other. The interaction between the liquid and vapor is done in a counterflow consideration inside the vertical column. As discussed above, the chemical separation of the components is done with the help of their volatility property. The volatility is the vapor pressure of the component.
- THE DESIGNING PROCEDURE OF THE DISTILLATION EQUIPMENT
Although every model of the distillation equipment follows a different pattern of designing but there are some of the standard practices which are followed in every type of distillation equipment. Let’s take a look at those general steps.
- The first step is you will have to evaluate the equilibrium data of the vapor-liquid.
- After evaluating the data, you will have to calculate the stages of the equilibrium which are required.
- You will have to decide the tray hydraulics.
- After determining the tray hydraulics, you will have to select the accurate tray for the efficiency of the distillation process.
The factors which determine the designing of the distillation equipment are following-
- The purity of the product should be high
- The distillation process should be cost effective
- The process of multicomponent distillation can be processed.
Alaqua is one of the leading manufacturing companies of evaporators, crystallizers and distillation equipment. We have an experience of more than 20 years in the respective field. To know more about our services and the products manufactured by our company, kindly visit. https://bit.ly/31bLQTj