Chemically separating substances, distillation is a cost-effective and reliable method. Industries widely use this unit operation with two popular equipment designs: Field erected and Modular distillation. distillation equipment. Here is the list of the industries which are supported by the two-distillation equipment mentioned above.
- Chemical Production
- Renewable Fuels
- Food Processing
- AgricultureDistillation is a chemical process of separation that involves the methods of mass transfer separation and heat transfer separation.
THE TYPES OF CHEMICAL SEPARATION PROCESS:
When it comes to the separation process of distillation, then there are two types of separation processes, the single-stage separation Process, and the multiple-stage separation Process. Hence, before moving further to the specifications of the distillation equipment and the layout of the distillation equipment design, we must know the basic difference between the two types of separation process.
Single-Stage Separation Process-
So, the single-stage separation process resembles an evaporation process, also known as flash distillation. Moreover, it involves the removal of the volatile component from the solution through heating or boiling.
Multiple-Stage Separation Process-
This process involves multiple stages, resembling evaporation, and follows a sequential design. Therefore, this helps in allowing the more efficient method along with minimal waste.
- Uses of Distillation
- Application of Distillation
- Continuous Distillation
THE BASICS OF THE DISTILLATION EQUIPMENT-
When it comes to the basic definition of the distillation process, then distillation is a chemical separation of the components present in a solution according to their volatility property. Moreover, to achieve distillation, use heat transfer to facilitate interaction between liquid and vapor in the solution. Hence, the vertical column facilitates counterflow interaction between liquid and vapor, achieving chemical separation based on component volatility.So, the volatility is the vapor pressure of the component.
THE DESIGNING PROCEDURE OF THE DISTILLATION EQUIPMENT-
Distillation equipment models vary in design, yet standardized practices are consistently applied across all types. Let’s take a look at those general steps.
- The first step is you will have to evaluate the equilibrium data of the vapor-liquid.
- After evaluating the data, you will have to calculate the stages of the equilibrium which are required.
- While, you will have to decide on the tray hydraulics.
- After determining the tray hydraulics, you will have to select the accurate tray for the efficiency of the distillation process.
The factors which determine the design of the distillation equipment are the following-
- The purity of the product should be high
- The distillation process should be cost-effective
- Hence, multicomponent distillation can be carried out efficiently.
Hence, Alaqua is one of the leading manufacturing companies of evaporators, crystallizers, and distillation equipment. We have an experience of more than 20 years in the respective field. To know more about our services and the products manufactured by our company,
kindly visit. https://bit.ly/31bLQTj